About Aera Trucks
Since 2009 Aera Trucks has been creating the most competitive and successful downhill trucks ever made. Consistent results and innovation are the name of the game in a fast moving sport. Aera has delivered year after year with two World Championship wins, two Series Championships won, podium results at slopestyle events, and downhill races all around the world. Aera Trucks often win the race, the slopestyle, and the long distance race at the same event... Proof that you can use your Aera Trucks no matter how you skate.
The company was started after years of experimentation with all brands and types of trucks and never finding one that was “quite right”. Whether it was something simple like an inaccurate axle, a geometry more prone to high speed wobbles, simply not turning the right way or the quality of the manufacturing, it was taken into account, and improved. Aera Trucks are meant to destroy the competition in every way and create a smile on your face from riding the best feeling trucks you’ll ever own.
Why Buy Aera Trucks?
1. Lighter weight - By eliminating 90% of the steel using screw in axles, and a large portion of excess aluminum in the truck, Aera Trucks are some of the lightest trucks ever made.
2. High grade materials - Aera has always used the best materials available. Our 7 Series trucks are made of the highest grade aluminum that you can purchase and are 50% stronger than comparable 6061 trucks (industry standard for precision trucks). Our axles are precision machined from extremely hard and durable steel or titanium and stand up to the test of time. Kingpins are grade 8 and ship with a tall nut for more security.
3. Exceptional stability - Aera Trucks have been tested up to 80mph, and are designed from the ground up to instill confidence, negate wobbles, and create immense traction for racing or smooth slides for freeriding.
4. Freeride ready - With a higher angle baseplate from 46˚-52˚ you can have a truck that wins slide jams and freeride events. The Aera Trucks team includes some of the best downhill freeriders and tech sliders.
5. Race pedigree - Aera Trucks are the winningest trucks in downhill skateboarding.
6. Flippable hanger - By having an axle offset from the bushing seat, you can flip the hanger to create a different feel. This offset creates a different amount of leverage on the bushings and modifies the geometry of the truck to steer more (unflipped) or become more stable (flipped).
7. Replaceable axles - Aera offers axle widths from 172mm - 192mm meaning you can pick the width that suits you and your set-up best. We also offer axles in several different materials: Steel, 17-4 stainless steel, and titanium (which is 50% lighter than steel counterparts).
8. Open bushing seat - In a world with so many bushings it would be a shame to only be able to use a few. Aera Trucks have been designed to accommodate all bushings and thus you can tune your ride by changing the shape or durometer of your bushings without compromise.
9. More options - Aera Trucks has baseplate angles ranging from 38 - 52˚. The higher the degree the more the truck turns. You can optimize your Aera Trucks for the type of skating you’ll be doing by picking a different baseplate or having multiple plates to suit the day you plan on.
10. USA Made - Aera Trucks are made right here in California and are assembled in Santa Barbara at SkateOne Corp.